- An essential resource for a high school graduate, college student, or any other young adult who needs to prepare for the financial realities of adulthood.
Drawing on years of teaching personal finance in the high school classroom, as well as valuable life experience as a young professional, Cousineau introduces topics ranging from compound interest and mutual funds to Roth IRAs and insurance deductibles. Each chapter contains straightforward explanations, practical examples, revealing anecdotes, and hands-on tools that will help you to jump-start your personal financial journey.
In this book, you’ll learn:
- The foundational concepts of personal finance and building wealth
- How to avoid costly financial missteps
- How to budget, save, and invest your money wisely
- How taxes and insurance work
- How to prepare for life’s big expenses